Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Times They Are A Changing ~ Bob Dylan

Saturday morning used to mean sleeping in, sleeping in, have a late breakfast lunch, decide on plans for the afternoon, change plans for the afternoon, maybe do some chores, finally make plans for the evening, go out!


Now a typical Saturday means that Bradley is awake by 6:30 or 7, which means we are up by 7 at the latest. Usually dosing in and out after 6:30 and we finally get out of bed by 7. We have already decided what we are going to do on Friday night, because if we don't have a plan by 9 am it is almost too late to get ready and get anywhere before nap time.


So, this Friday we decided to head to the City Market on Saturday. We got there at 9 or so and Bradley got a balloon animal (he really wasn't too interested in it). Chris and I strolled around with Bradley, picked up some fresh made doughnuts (guilty pleasure on a Saturday morning), and some fresh squeezed lemonade. Our City Market is so great, and Bradley loves to people watch there. Then we headed over to a local park, and we brought our doughnuts and a cooler of drinks and snacks.


Bradley had a great time climbing around and playing on the playground. Chris and I took turns watching him and relaxing on the blanket (mostly I relaxed, hey isn't Saturday my day off?? I guess I did pick up the first floor, wipe down all the counters, vacuum the crumbs from breakfast, and throw in a load of laundry all before we left, but hey who is counting?). Then we were back home by 11:30 for lunch and nap time...Just two years ago I would have been lucky to make it to the market before it closed at 10, my how the times have changed!


I played around with all of the pictures from the park...let me know what you think!






1 comment:

Melissa said...

okay...the first picture of bradley coming up the slide..the one not in the video...you need to email it to me...i love it!! i want to print it...he is so cute!!
The video looks great too! love ya!